This one will have to be shorter. I never have time with only the one phone, but here goes nothing... Reactivating familia lopez We have been visiting with the Lopez family for some time now. They are already members of the church, but they have not been coming to the church for some time. We could tell that they had many other problems as well. Now they are a different family. We had a small dinner, lesson, and shared our "American coke floats". They expressed sincere thanks for our visits, and it was a touching moment for everyone. The gospel has the means of changing families. It allows us to become close to on another and achieve happiness in our homes. Señor usted es el mujer de la casa... Jaja. We were in a quick lesson with a family who are members of the church. Normally I like to show respect to the father by saying that he is the man/head of the house and should choose who can say the opening prayer, but as I said the question I messed up the word hombre with mujer. The direct translation of what I said was "sir, you are the woman of the house, who would you like to say the opening prayer?" He kinda just looked at me for a sec, and then we all started laughing. Mmmmm. Yup. Spanish "No, no soy Cristiano" A lady came up to me this past we and we started talking and she was kinda insistent that we didn't believe in Christ. In many cases I talk to people and they say "no no I'm Christian." This makes me sad sometimes because literally everything I am doing here has to do with Christ. I normally show people my missionary tag and I ask them what are the biggest words on the name tag. They respond with "Jesucristo". I am not a mormon. I am a member of the Church or Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Mormon was a great prophet in the Book of Mormon, but I like this quote saying "Mormon did not suffer and die for my sins." People hear about this guy in our church named Joseph Smith, and he was a great prophet. But Joseph Smith did not suffer and die for my sins. That position is solely reserved for Jesus Christ. It is his name that I love to represent. I love being a representative of Jesuscristo. I love having a knowledge of him and his gospel. I love how the Book of Mormon and the Bible testify of Christ together. I love how Christ touches a life when he is not visible to us. I am a Christian. I am here for a reason. I am here because I have a knowledge of Christ and have faith in what I don't know yet. I am learning more everyday of Christ and becoming more like him. I hope you guys know that I love you. I hope the best for all of you. Thank you for your effect on my life. As usual, do something stupid but not too stupid Con amor, Elder Rouse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your eyes are so cute