This week was suuuuper crazy. Stressful and chill at the same time. This should be good. Tough week- We have a lot of people who have committed to baptism, but many of them had lots of problems this week. Our teaching pool is slowly shrinking, and almost all of our finding efforts have fallen through or were not helpful. Elder Vallejo and I still have faith that God will bless us even though it feels like He is kinda slapping us in the face. I'm just trying to figure out what God is trying to get me to learn right now. Carbón monoxido- You had a long day of hard missionary work in the sun. You slither into your sheets as the heavenly sensation of lying down is bestowed upon you. You fall asleep, then bleeeeeeee bleeeeee bleeeeee, "Elder, the fire alarm".... You run outside of your house to discover that it is actually carbón monoxide. Super fun thing as well. We are still sleeping in the house of the zone leaders, which is super fun and also way inconvenient. I had a little Thanksgiving here. Thanksgiving with a lot of Rice jaja but the family we did it with reminded me of my family. We get back to the zone leaders' house after the thanksgiving meal, and everyone was all excited about buying two massive salvajadas. If you can imagine a cookie sheet with a ton of French fries. You throw beef, chicken, sausage, or whatever mystery meat you want on top. Then, sprinkle a little lettuce on top and smother it with something close to a fry sauce. That is a salvajada. Welcome to Colombia. These kids bought two of these things. 6 missionaries couldn't get the job done. Also we went to this really nice mansión for p-day. Wow, right on the beach, super huge. Must be a drug dealer cuz man it was nice. Reminded me of all the fun things I did when I was a normal kid in the states. The more I reflect on my life and the more time I spend here, the more I realize 3 truths that sound so stupid but become more real to me everyday: always run before you can walk, I owe it all to God, and satan is real. Think about it... Love y'all. Let me know how you're doing. Love you guys. Elder Rouse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your eyes are so cute