Sup fam. How you done been in the good ole Estados Unidos? Don't take the air and the green for granted. Also the mountains. And sanitary living conditions. And naps. Yes ... naps. We say God's greatest creación was man, but really it was the nap. Well let's get into it... We had intercambios with the zone leaders and it was awesome. An intercambio is when 2 companionships swap companions for the day. I was with Elder Harms for the day. A ton of our lessons have been falling through so when we had the intercambio it was nice to have a full day with no missed lessons. It was really refreshing because he just knew what to do and was a great teacher in the lessons. As I am exposed to many good missionaries I try to pull apart things that they do and make them my own. I have a lot of gringo moments because I am trying to lead lessons in the area but I'm trying to run before I can walk. Soooo... there are a lot of "what the crap did I just do" moments. One of these was with a member that was not active in the church. The whole lesson I thought that she was investigating the church. Sooooo.... I invited her to pray everyday this week and afterward I taught her the manner in which we pray. She was looking at me weird cuz obviously she has been praying her whole life. The other missionaries in the apartment keep saying that I should challenge her to be baptized as well. Ayyyeee en tiempo The first time I really felt the Spirit in my life was when I read the account of Joseph Smith aloud. The story of Joseph Smith explains why there are so many different churches, different bibles, and why so many don't have the gospel in their lives. All prophets are called for a purpose. Noah was called to get all the animals in the ark before the food was gone, and Moses was called to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt. God gives authority to his prophets to act in His name. Jesús was the greatest prophet of all and the Savior of the World. He established his church and gave this authority to his 12 apostles. After the deaths of Jesus and the 12 apostles, the authority to act in God's name was lost. Hence, many were searching but couldn't find the full truth of the gospel. Without a prophet, people tried to interpret the Bible in different ways leaving too many churches. Furthermore, the Bible was translated many times and truths were taken out leading to many versions of the Bible. In 1820 there was a boy named Joseph Smith who had a lot of questions and explored many churches. He read in James 1:5 where it says "if any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God", and that's what he did. He went in a grave of trees and he prayed. In short, Jesús Christ and God manifested themselves to Joseph and explained that none of the churches had the authority to act in God's name and in time Jesús Christ would restore his church through a new prophet. This is the Church of Jesús Christ of Latter-day Saints. If anyone reads the account of Joseph Smith and prays with real intent they can receive an answer from God of its truthfulness. I have done this and love to share this message with others here. Love y'all. Shoot me an email if u can and have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your eyes are so cute